Friday, March 4, 2011

One Little, Two Little, Three Little Ovum.....

The numbers are in, and they are looking good! It looks like right now I've got about 10 good follicles. Last time I had 6 follicles and we got 5 mature eggs, and 3 embryos. I'm not all that good at math, but intuitively I know that having at least 10 good looking follicles is better at this point. I don't know if it was the acupuncture, or the viatamins, or the new protocol, or just luck and prayers, but inspite of all my worrying, things are looking good! Frankly, I'd like a dozen. It just sounds like a good number of eggs to have. Eggs are meant to come in dozens, at least, according to the grocery store. So I'm praying for an even dozen, and hoping that's not too greedy.

Now our concern is "Lisa," our surrogate. She gets checked, just like I do, except instead of follicles they're looking at the thickness of her uterine lining. Right now, it's not as thick as the doctor would like to see, that is, according to the doctor in Portland. Thus, like last time, she's probably going to have to travel up to Seattle to get her lining checked up here. We want to have a nice, thick uterine lining to create a hospitable, warm environment for our embryos to snuggle in.

With the size of my follicles right now, the retrieval will more than likely be Thursday-Saturday of next week, with the transfer 3 or 5 days after that.

In the meantime, I continue to shoot up, with 3-4 shots per day. The dots on my belly remind me of stars in the sky, and I almost want to create my own personal constellations out of them :)

Thanks so much for all of your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you have more follicles. That's good news.

    ReplyDelete