Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Please Pray for Larry, Curly and Moe

Hi All,
I am planning on writing a newsy blog about yesterday's egg retrieval, however I need to get this out first. Yesterday we got 6 eggs. 5 were mature, and only 3 fertilized. This is not exactly the news we had hoped for. Because my mother didn't have any problems getting pregnant at 33 and 36, we never anticipated that this would be a problem. Given the fact that I had so few follicles to begin with compared to what one would normally expect in a 33 year old and then 3 achieved fertilization, the doctor thinks that for some reason we are dealing with some unanticipated infertility. Whether or not this is related to my underlying condition or for some other reason, we really don't know.
They do embryo transfers at day 3 and day 5. On day 5 they can choose the best embryos, however, given the fact that we only have 3 to begin with they want to do the transfer on day 3, which is this Friday. We will know a little bit, but not too much about the quality of the 3 embryos at that point. Because of this, they are also recommending that we transfer 2 embryos. We've been talking all along about transferring 1 with Lisa, and I'm really hoping she'll be ok with transferring 2. Technically according to our contract it is our choice, but seriously, this is HER body, and we want her to feel comfortable.
The statistics at this point with a day 3 transfer with 2 embryos: 50-55% chance of pregnancy with a singleton, 25% chance of twins. I'd like the statistics to be higher of course, but we're looking at the flip of a coin.
So friends, please pray for our little embryos (whom I'm calling Larry, Curly and Moe). Pray for Lisa, that she will be totally on board with 2 embryos. Pray that we achieve pregnancy. Pray for Aaron and I. I'm really just sad right now. Nothing about this journey has been easy. I guess I was hoping that once we got the pros involved everything would come together. Pray that the Father's will would be done, as we know it will.

Jeremiah 29:11-12 "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you."

Thank you,
Tiffany

6 comments:

  1. I've already been asked, "What if they turn our to be girls?" I guess then it will be Laretta, Curlee and Monet! ;>

    ReplyDelete
  2. More news! Wanted to let you know that Lisa agreed to transfer 2 embryos! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It only takes one! Praying for Larry, Curly and Moe! Grow, little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah that she'll do both! Let's go little ones! And Tiffany, God's hand is all over this. I will be praying that your heart's desire is also His will for you and Aaron, however it comes about.

    summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. axiously waiting for an update!!! we've been thinking about you over on fertile thoughts ;)
    Jamie aka "bellymama"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking very positive 'twins' thoughts, Tiffany! My prayers are with you.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete